Tuesday 18 June 2013

Smokie Norful Writes An Open Letter To His Sons


Rev. W.R. "Smokie" Norful, Jr. is an American gospel singer and pianist, best known for his 2002 album, I Need You Now and his 2004 release, Nothing Without You, which won a Grammy at the 47th Annual Grammy Awards for the best contemporary Soul Gospel Album in 2004.

Smokie Norful is also a wonderfully talented committed family man what he cherishes most is cultivating a loving relationship with his wife, Carla, spending time nurturing their two sons, TrĂ© and Ashton, and empowering his daughter,Ashley.

Read the Open Letter from Pastor Smokie Norful to his sons Tre & Ashton:

My sons, most men spend time teaching there boys how to be a ‘man’, but my hope is that I teach you how to be a ‘man of God’.

The greatest asset I have acquired, my greatest Victories in life, my greatest joys, my greatest achievement has been directly related to the fact that I have learned to live as a ‘man of God’.

Put God first and all other things will be added.

This has been and remains the key to the favour that has been on my life.
As the favour passes down into your generation, guard it in every way. It’s precious because it comes from God himself.

Treasure your name, value your integrity, protect your character, and stay focused on what and ‘who’ matters most.

Lastly, If you have tough questions about girls, dating, sex, relationships, and the like, I give you the greatest fatherly answer ever known to man — Ask your Momma!



- Pastor Smokie Norful


3 comments:

  1. every scrap of knowledge that baby gained to impart but in time the pupil would surpass the master the big excitement of the day was electricity no charge here the battery just been invented in all manner of experiments were being done but no one really understood but this .

    http://herbsforbrain.com/

    ReplyDelete